From:
the Frasers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 11:03:08 -0500
Several weeks ago my wife, daughter, son in law and I were out and
about in Corpus Christi. The daughter wanted to stop at the local Petco
to see the new ferrets so we stopped, while inside the store my wife
noticed a man standing near the front door holding a very small ferret
and went over to talk to him. He told my wife that his other ferret had
just gone to the bridge and he didn't want the remaining male to be
lonely, so he brought him into the store to give to them, while talking
he said that he just wanted to give the ferret away. The little guy
was small, skin and bones with a dull coat and eyes and was rather
lethargic, fearing that if the store took him they would just put him
to sleep my wife offered to take him, we figured that even if we
couldn't nurse him back to health that it was better that he go to the
bridge with people who cared for him. It is now less than two months
later and with the liberal application of "Chicken Gravy" and lots of
love and play he is now a big boy of almost three pounds with bright
eyes, a beautiful glossy coat and full of life and energy. Han is now
fully integrated with the rest of our fur gang and loves to play, he
loves it when our youngest daughter tickles him and will fall asleep
with my wife holding him. We truly believe that had we not gone into
the store that day he would have died, now he is happy and health in
his forever home with other ferrets and people who love him.