From:
Christine Belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:24:05 -0600
Bonjour, mes amis!
My ferreties are doing great!  Puffo gets fatter and fluffier every day!
He's pretty heavy now... He let me hug him for 10 whole seconds last night.
Janice has actually gained weight, too, and has a fluffy, fuzzy coat.
Previously she was my little greasy regal slinky, but now she's a greasy
regal kitten!  I could use Puffo to buff my car, however, so Janice still
doesn't look REALLY fuzzy.  Last night I let 'em out to play, and JANICE was
dancinig around my feet and everything.  I couldn't believe it -- usually
she goes off and hides or destroys something.

Then she was trying to scratch up my speaker, so I said "no" and scruffed
her.  After I did this, she followed me to my papa-san chair, crawled up
with me, and fell asleep on my tummy.  Hmm.  Affection, for discipline?  I
wonder if she's going to start doing bad things just so I'll pay attention
to her... I better start giving more attention normally... don't want
speakers destroyed.  Puffo displayed the same behavior later.  Puffo is a
little bit harder to discipline and more stubborn.  Janice usually gets the
idea without much prodding, but Puffo's litterbox hit rate, even in the
cage, is less than 50%.  I'm not too worried because sometimes Puffo is so
excited he just wigs out and attacks air.  He probably can't get it together
to use anything like a litterbox... too complicated.

Well, that's the news from New Orleans.  I'm going back to Monroe to visit
my parents for Thanksgiving, and my mom just had sinus surgery, so I won't
be able to bring fuzzies.  I hope S.O.  lets them out enough and disciplines
them PROPERLY if they poop on the floor and not on the paper.  S.O. swatted
Puffo on the butt for nipping the other night, so I swatted S.O.  Now he
knows how it feels.  Heh.  Christine HATES hitting.

Keeping it together (barely),
A sleeker, friskier, more affectionate Janice,
A fatter, fluffier, more wigged-out Puffo,
And a very pleased, more ferret-owned Christine  =20