From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:59:40 -0400
When you encounter a pet store which treats ferrets wrong one option is to
contact the breeder if you know who it is.  I actually HAVE (5 years ago)
seen Marshall Pets require marked changes from a pet store which treated
the ferrets wrong.  Hope that they still would take action, and ditto
other breeders who "supply" pet stores.

Am hoping the little (unknown origin) pet store kit, mentioned by Yvonne,
which tested positive for ADV turns out to actually be a false positive.
It's not just the hazard of having materials carrying contagion at a pet
store, but also the risk that a distributor now has such conditions.  Guess
that will be known if other pet stores begin having actually sick ones from
any sources.  Distributorships which carry ferrets from multiple sources
always worry me; they are too easy a way for diseases to be passed around.

Our guys haven't begun their sheds,yet, but, WOW have some ever begun their
Autumn put-on-the-fat eating change.