Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:16:17 +0000
Stephenie wrote:
>But to give the devil his due.  Can we really put all the blame on
>the breeder?  After all, if we were, for once in our lives, happy with
>what Mother Nature provided, people like Soren would have no cause too
>reproduce genetic mistakes like the Dew, polka dot, blaze Angora
>excreta.

I totally agree with you Stephenie.  Please everybody, think twice if
you buy another ferret, wether it be from farms like soren's or from
so-called "good" breeders.... DEW's, polka dots, blaze's , panda's and
angora's really are the result of genetic mistakes, they are NOT meant to
become the majority of the population.  Some "breeders" even manage to
screw up with "normal" colours, what can you expect with the "special"
colours then??!

Why can't we be satisfied with the beautiful, funny ferrets we already
have?  And try to keep our ferret population healthy?

Since so many people want "something special", these farms can go on
with their practices... After all, why should they -who don't love these
beautiful creatures as we do- stop, if they still get our money?

I'm truly afraid that if we keep going on like this, it'll only be
a matter of years before we have ferrets that relate as much to the
"original" ferret as a pekinese does to the wolf.  (no offense to the
people who love pekinese-dogs, but think about it!)

I'm not saying that the blaze's, panda's,.... that are already there,
don't have the right to find a good home, but if we still want healthy
ferrets in the future, there is something to be done NOW!

Wendy