From:
Sharon Gilliss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:01:20 EDT
I was still in shock so Im sorry for my short message earlier.  I have
had Princess for 9 years.  She was six weeks old when I got her and still
had the stitches in her belly from her spay.  She was way too young to be
in the pet store when I took her home.

She was a Happy Go Lucky Ferret, a little wild at times.  She always
lived up to her name and acted like a Princess.  At the age of 5 she had
to have Adrenal surgery.  When the vet went in, he removed it and also
upon exploration, found nodules on her Pancreas that cause Insulinoma and
removed them also.  She recovered fine.

Last summer at the age of 8, she started showing signs of Insulinoma and
started having stomach pain.  She had low blood sugar, stopped eating any
and all hard food and was kind of weak and listless.  She went totally
blind and by the end of this year lost most of her hair also due to
adrenal coming back.  She was put on Pred for her blood sugar and
Metoclopramide for her stomach.  I was feeding her ducksoup 3 times a
day and medicating her twice a day for the past year.  This Saturday
night she had a Grand mal seizure.  I was able to pull her out of it with
Dextrose.  Sunday morning she was in another seizure when I woke up.  I
was able to pull her out of that one also.  But it took much longer.

After the two seizures, she stopped walking, stopped eating and was
laying around very uncomfortable.  I could tell she was suffering.  So
Sunday night my husband and I made the decision to help her pass over and
stop suffering.  This morning we went to the vet and she was very calm
and peaceful.  I think she knew that she was finally going to end her
suffering.  She passed away peacefully with the help of Dr. Kim.  It was
the hardest decision I ever had to make in my life.  I can barely see the
screen through my tears.  I miss her so much it physically hurts.  I keep
looking into her cage to check on her like I did 80000 times a day, but
shes not there now.  She was my little baby for nine years.  I just hope
shes someplace not in pain and young and happy again.  She was my little
Precious Girl.  There will always be a hole in my heart where it is
broken.

Sharon Gilliss
Mystic, Crystal, Galooch and Rocky
Missing Woobie & Princess more than words can say..