From:
Tracy Burgee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 17:21:30 EDT
I do not post very often and this time at my keyboard it is a painful one.
We lost our 5 yr old ferret Milo, who we just got about 2 weeks ago as a
rescue from a friend who did not take care of him.  He was a great lap
ferret, loved to be petted and carried in a pouch.  My son and I will miss
him so much.  His roommates are lost and wondering where he went.  Otis who
has been with Milo since he was little, is so lost and wondering where
little brother has gone.

The time spent with him was short, but it was special.  I called up our vet
and he told me to bring him in.  When we got there he said there was really
nothing we could do for him, he had advanced anemia and from feeling him
probably had a good size tumor in the back part of his body.  The vet was
nice and asked if we wanted to take him home.  But he was in pain and I
could stand it no more, he had lost all bowel control, so the vet helped us
let him cross to Rainbow Bridge with his assistance.  It was had and I am
sad, but I know Milo is romping with the best of them now.  Maybe it will
get easier as time goes by?  Who knows, but I do know that his 3 fur friends
and the humans miss him so.

Thank you

Tracy