From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 05:37:15 -0500
There are still ferrets on the tree needing Sants's. It has NOT been
updated- I don't care what Kris has to say, in at least 4 days, unless
he is simply forgettng to hit his "publish" button. It was NOT updated
the week before Christmas, resulting in ferrets not getting Santa's,
and some getting multiple Santa's. This is the first year that the tree
has been up that it was not finished by Christmas. There is no way of
telling, even now, who has been picked and who has not. As I understand
it from doing online work, a "real time inventory" program would handle
that issue- Jeffer's pet could help with that.

I'm not slamming Kris- please be clear about that. I'm sure he is
wonderful, and has a wonderful family and a wonderful job and wonderful
personal ferrets, and is quite busy and very dedicated. Most of us are.
Most of us have picked multiple ferrets. Most of us are just as busy.
Most of us have offered to help. The point I'm making here is that
the Giving Tree should not rest solely with one person- it becomes
overwhelming. IF several people had the week split up with the updating
responsibility it might go very much more smoothly, and take the
pressure off of everyone. If there were more people who could help,
the whole thing could get done. Shelters are upset that their ferrets
didn't even get put up until AFTER Christmas, and even though the
ferrets don't know what day it is, the people do and it makes people
feel good and shelter operators feels like people are acknowleging some
of what they do and at least gives them a break from a little of the
heartache they go through the rest of the year-once a year. When it can
be done by Christmas, people all around can feel good that the little
ones are taken care of and that they did a little part in helping the
shelters run a little more smoothly.

No, the shelters should not and can not depend on people to support
them, but the tree is for people to give a little gift to a needy
ferret and say a little "Thanks" to his/her caretaker. If mine ended
up in a shelter I only pray that one of these fine people have them
and not a Humane Society. So come on everybody- NO ONE IS SLAMMING
ANYONE- it is not about us, it is about the ferrets............There
is plenty of help out there to make this successful, just have to be
willing to take it. AND.... please lets finish the tree!!!!!!!

[CC]