Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 23:08:42 -0500
Someone placed an ad in the classifieds where I work:

2 Ferrets with large cage (approximately 5 feet tall). Toys, PVC pipe
for toys, litter boxes (litter trained), litter, vitamins, conditioner
for scent and food included. Very nice, friendly and playful. Gentle
with our 2 year old. Used to being handled and petted. Need lots of
attention and want to play a lot. OK to let loose in your house, but
will get into everything. $150.

I emailed him asking for their genders, why he's giving them up, etc
and he told me that

The ferrets are in very good health. One male one female, both fixed
and up to date on shots. We allowed our daughter get them for her 13th
birthday with the promise that she would take care of them. It's been 3
weeks of yelling and cleaning cages ourselves. So after several threats
to get rid of them didn't change anything, they are going. Yes, the
cage is a ferret nation with hammocks and toys. My daughter spent her
birthday money on the cage and food, which is why I'm trying to sell
them for her. Losing the ferret's is punishment enough. I was against
getting the ferrets to begin with, but will have to admit they are fun
and friendly. They just demand more attention than our daughter can
give. If you saw the other add, it's the same story for the guinea pig
and my 10 year old daughter.

I believe they're both young. Is there anyone here who could give them
a home? They're in Ledyard, CT. I am really afraid that they will go to
a inexperienced home because one of the posters on the intranet ad said
that they sound like really cool pets and asked why he was giving them
away. Plus, with how this man said that they're "OK to let loose in
your house, but will get into everything" will lead people to believe
that they're caged animals.

If anyone is interested, please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
Sheryl