From:
Urban Fredriksson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1993 14:51:58 -0400
First, I had planned to write about it is to have ferrets when
the sun rises at 0320 and doesn't set until 2210 - with hardly
any darkness in between. But it seems to affect my sleeping
habits more than my little darlings'. It is easier to get them to
go for walks early and late, which normally should be needed this
time of year to keep out of the heat, but this week we've only
had +10C and lots of rain. (They don't like it when it's raining
cats and dogs.)

I also almost could tell you how I became babysitter for one of
my collegues ferret. However, he wasn't wanted here: He was
attacked violently by both of them instantly when he came
visiting to see if they went well together. My mother will
probably take him for the weekend in question.

Today's main story is instead of how I nearly couldn't write
anything at all.

Me, out in the kitchen, cooking. The door almost closed to keep
the smell out of the rest of the rooms. Suddenly: A crash from
the area of the shelf just outside the kitchen. What? That
sounded too heavy for them to be able to push it down!

Push the door open, to see what's happened. Only the door is
resisting. Could they have managed to push down one of the big
boxes with model railroad supplies so that it turned over and
blocked the door? Push harder. Door doesn't budge like it should
if there just was something lying outside.

Enlightment comes: It is the long slide projection screen that's
turned over, and it's wedged between the shelf keeping the door
pinned. It clearly is too strong to bend enough to make the door
opening large enough to squeeze through. Why didn't I install a
phone in the kitchen?

After playing contortionist some, it proves to be possible to
extend one arm through the opening, bend it behind the door and
just barely reach the box and get a good enough grip to slide it
centimetre by centimetre past the door.

Needless to say, it is not now in the same place.
--
 Urban Fredriksson  [log in to unmask]