From:
Kelli Flores <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 04:31:09 EDT
just wanted to share a story with you all.

Mothers Make Mistakes too....

Not to long ago...We were making dinner and my husband turned on the oven.
lord knows I have been meaning to clean the darn thing out but havent
gotten around to it.  I told him to open the windows.  I asked my daughter
to open the back door.

Meanwhile...not realizing or just forgetting that my beautiful young ferret
was out and about.  She is the most curious thing that I have encounted in
a very long time.

The kids were getting ready for bed and I decided it was time for "frankie"
to go to bed.  I started looking for her.  Shaking the treat can as always.
This usually brings her running.  I could not find her.  I started to
panic.  I walked by the back door and realized that I had had my daughter
open it.  Oh my God.  I started to cry.  My poor baby.  Of course my
husband being as supportive as possible said.." honey she is probabley
sleeping some where".  I knew better.  Outside I went flash light in hand.
I live on a huge piece of property with neighbors and cats...etc.  I was
crying my heart out.

While I was looking, these two girls walked by.  Talking about the fights
they had gotten into and being typical radical teens.  I really didnt pay
much attention because my poor little three month old was out in the big
world by herself.  I looked and looked but to know avail.  I was
crying....my daughter was crying.....my husband called into work because I
was such a wreck.

I even called my mother.  Of course she wasnt home..when is someone home
when you really need them?  I went into the bedroom and cried and prayed
to God to protect my little one until morning when there was light where I
could see.

I was in the kitchen by the back door when I heard my husband say : can I
help you?  These two little hoodlem girls who I thought were trouble were
at the front door.  All I heard was "do you know who this belongs ..." I
raced out to the door and there was my baby.  A little scared but none the
worse.These two little angels found my baby ferret and brought her home to
me.  They saw me out looking for her and knew that she must belong to me.
I cant tell the relief I felt to put her back in her cage.  I thank
god..and those two girls for saving my heart and the life of my baby.
Thank the lord that I have played with Frankie so she wasnt afraid of
humans and knew to go to one.  See even moms with big hearts make mistakes.

Thank you for listening.I thought you all might enjoy a story with a happy
ending.

Sincerley,
Kelli
Frankie the escapee and family