Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 22:36:21 EDT
Dear FMLers.

Why is it that as a ferret group we find fault in someone's misfortune?
Why is it we criticize what happened like we would have never let that
happen to one of OUR Ferrets? Truth is ferrets are very inquisitive
animals who wants to know what is going on around them all the time.
I have always said that Ferrets are too smart for OUR own good... It
is true and we all know it. If you do not YET have an accident story
you will have someday. I have one that happend to our big boy Saber
some years back. He got into a Valentine Basket that I had bought for
my wife. we figured that since all the other frets paid it no mind
whatsoever, Saber wouldn't bother it now would he? Oh yes he would and
he did. He broke a wine glass that came in the basket and cut himself
along the upper rib cage. As soon as we found out he was off to the
emergency vey and stitched up and fitted with his very own custom made
P-Collar made out of a piece of X-Ray Film. That costs us over $350.00
for that lil escapade and we learned a lesson as well. With ferrets
ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!!! It can happen to you...

Anyway folks why pick on someone who lost a fret by an accident when we
all do lots of the same things? I am a bit tired of this group acting
the way it does at times. Not just the FLM group folks, I am not
talking about email groups but Ferret folks in general. We tend to want
to shoot our wounded rather than try to help them out. Lets stop this
self defeating behavior and reach out to the folks who need us and not
try to tear them "new one" OK? I joined this list as well as other
lists to be able to help my ferrets by not making dumb mistakes... But
as we know ferrets figure things out a tad differently than we do and
they act on what they think they know. Thats why we have frets with
broken legs from falling off of beds, broken backs from fall off coffee
tables, death by being caught up in recliners, suffocation but falling
down into tight areas, the list goes on and on but the ferrets learn
new ways to get hurt or killed. We cannot completely ferret proof
anything as we are always a bit behind on the learning curve. But we do
have the capacity to help others and to warn others and to be there for
others when they have a nasty experience. Live and Learn folks.. Live
and Learn. Best to all

Remeber After All IT IS FOR THE FERRETS!!!!

Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.

Not perfect..just Forgiven...