Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 08:28:02 EST
I too run a small shelter out of my home like Tiny Prints.

I have 30 at present.And it is a workload.But I now have a volunteer,so
it eases it some.

I change out bedding twice a week,thats 5 loads of ferret laundry.  And
with 18 cages to clean daily,& 25 litter boxes in that room alone, it
adds up.I have 2 ferret rooms.  I spend 2 1/2 hours doing cages daily.
And thats not counting soup/meds being given.We don't get the wood
pellets here this far south but I use the pine pellets from Petsmart,
20 # a week,on a good week.And I pick up a pallet of newspapers from the
newspaper office once a month.I have papers lining all the cages & all
the corners of the rooms.Some kids prefer paper.

I shampoo carpets once a week.Wash litter boxes at least once a week,more
if needed.

When I do a deep cleaning of all cages,once a week,it takes all day.  And
to clip nails,clean ears,it's an all day job.  I work second shift at my
full time job.That doesn't leave many daylight hours to get it all done
before work.I prefer second shift as to be able to get the kids to the
vets during the day.

I wish that all the kids in the shelter would get forever homes for
Christmas,but....

I have many that could use a sponser.Have many that need surgery & some
are on Lupron ,Propecia & Melatonin implants.It adds up quickly.The
monthly injection of lupron is $45 & the propecia is $60 a month.

I don't have the time to do ebay,God but I wished I did.It sure would
help alot.

Now stepping down off the box.
Dooks,Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter