From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 15:52:13 -0400
Hi!  Stephanie with Ferrets Etc.  in Colorado.  For all of you in Colorado
or neighboring states there are ferrets in Fort Collins who need help.  A
lady brought 8, 8 weel old baby ferrets to me for shots today.  She is
planning to sell them in the paper, but I wanted to get a jump.  She is not
a good ferret owner and it makes me ill she bred.  She claims the jills are
mean, well she has never handled them in a year, I would be mean also.  She
wants to sell all the kits, plus the 2 moms, I bought her male today to get
him out of their and I plan to fix him and adopt him out, he is gorgeous.

The babes are very cute, healthy a little nippy, but that can be trained out
of them at this point, but not if they stay with her.  I know where she got
the jills, and hob, because I have their sister.  It is a very good line of
ferrets who feel into a very bad home.  She keeps them outside.  So please
if you have room to buy a kit e-mail me and I will pass on her number, these
little ones need homes now!!  I am worried sick about them.  I hope to
convice her to give me the jills so I can spay them and place them into
loving homes who can teach them we are not all bad.  They are only a year
old.

Oh the babies are black eyed whites, pandas and light chocolates, possibly a
silver also.  Please help if you can.

I know this sounds strange coming from ferret rescue when we have sao many
who are up for adoption or foster homes, but I have to help these kids and I
am afraid what will happen if they stay there.  I know the kids here will
always have a safe loving place, so I need to help the little ones.

She also mentioned letting them go if she could not find homes!!  UGGGG!!!
Please do not mention I said she was an idiot or we will never get the
ferrets out of there.  Just say I passed on her name and you are interested
in kits.

Thank you to all who can help.

Oh on a strange note, right after she left a phone call came into rescue, It
was a first for me, seems a ferret ate an 8th of an ounce of marajuana.
Ferret seems ok, just very tired.  Strange day.  Be careful ferrets will eat
anything and some things can kill.  We just had a rescue come in 3 days ago
very sick,not eating, not moving much, we rushed him to Dr. Bock and he died
soon after.  After an autopsy it seems there was a hair ball, The worlds
largest hair ball.  It made me so angry, because he could of been saved if
we would have got him when he stopped eating not a week later.

Anyway my ramblings for the bad week I am having.

Love from all the ferrets here.  Stephanie