From:
Amanda Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 13:18:08 +0000
It was our apartment complex's policy on pets that made us look into
ferret ownership in the first place.  The management does not count
ferrets as domestic animals.  It only applied to cats and dogs.  They
said that anything that "lives in a cage" does not require a pet deposit
or pet rent.  Little do they know that our ferrets are far from caged.
They play outside the cage most of the time we are home.  And they do not
damage the apartment.  Also I have to live in there too- so cleaning is
done daily to prevent any foul smell.