Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:22:16 -0400
This is concerning the anonymous poster who is having problems with a
breeder concerning a bounced check.

I suggest that you get a certified check from your bank and mail it to the
breeder in question by certified mail.  That insures that the check will
not bounce AND that it reached the breeder since they would have to sign
for it at the post office.  There would also be a record of the check if
the breeder decided to take the matter to court.  It would show your
efforts to pay for the ferrets.

I am betting that they would take the check and leave you alone.  Hopefully
you live in the US.  I don't know anything about foreign law, but I think
that an American court would see your efforts to pay for the ferrets as a
done deal.  I am also thinking that the courts would judge the breeder as
reneging on a deal.  I really think that everything is in your favor.
Unless of course you live in ferret free zone.  This always seems to
complicate matters.

You may want to talk to a lawyer (which I am not). Good luck.
Britta