From:
Cara Grib <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:53:21 -0800
Hi there,

My ferret, Rothgar, is a 6 1/2 year old male ferret who was diagnosed
with insulinoma.  Rothgar has been medicated for about a year,
occasionally having an episode where he can't move or struggles walking,
but for the most part, he's been fine.  Earlier, he was experiencing an
episode where he was struggling walking around the cage.  We gave him
some Ferretone, as the vet recommended, to get his blood sugar back up.

Well, about two hours later, there was a high pitch screech across the
room for about 2 minutes.  It was Rothgar, standing up on two legs,
squeeling.  He finally stopped, then dropped to all four, and stopped
moving.  Then he got up again, breathing heavily.  We gave him some
ferretone and now he's walking around as if nothing is wrong.  This may
have happened before, when we left him under the care of my parents when
we went out of town, but we didn't find out until 2 weeks later with a
very vague description (needless to say, he will never stay there again).
I've never seen anything like it in the 5 years I've owned ferrets, nor
have ever heard of anyone having a problem like this.

Anybody have a clue as to what's going on?

Thanks for your help!

Cara & Rothgar