From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 1995 07:00:00 -0500
Thank you, Pam Grant, for the explanation of jumping and climbing
ferrets, as well as all the other little tricks they do!  It explains
alot!!

A few weeks ago, Duss-T, my almost 4-yr old hob, was up playing.  I was
on the computer.  My neighbor came running over to tell me a "big yellow
ferret is running down the street"  Since Duss-T a light cinnamon, I knew
it had to be him.  I ran out the door - shoeless - and down the street
until I found him a yard trying to play with a golden retriever who didn't
really have play in mind - while the owner just stood there watching.

"Is that a ferret?" she asked as Duss-T came running over to me when he
saw me.  My heart was racing sooo fast I thought it was going to bust.

How did you get out?  Did you go out the door with me when I went for mail?
I was *sure* it was my fault.  Twenty minutes later, he was at the screen
door, just working on it, working on it, working on it, until the latch
clicked (now mind you - he's working on the corner of the door on the FLOOR),
the door popped open, and he nosed it until he got out.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed it.

Needless to say, the screen door now stays LOCKED when the front door is
open.

Splash used to be jumper - I always thought he was part flying squirrel.
I'd find him handing from lamp shades and such.  He was 4 in May and is
really slowing down, so he's not the trouble maker he used to be.
(Uh, that's "hanging" from lamp shades.)

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY