From:
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:04:06 -0800
>From:    hotdish <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: In response

It is crucial that breeders be willing to listen to their customers as they
should feel responsible for the ferrets they bring into the world for the
life of that ferret.  Most of this applies to Juditch but also to any other
breeder or shelter that has communication problems.

>Zen, what other lists do you recommend for this?

The newsgroup alt.pets.ferrets  She's still posting there so you might as
well consider her a port of the group whether she on any given day admits
it or not.  If she doesn't read it then if she has any friends they'll pass
it along.  No need to post it on other groups such as the paganferret list
where it isn't pertinent even if any reply from her will hit that and all
other lists she thinks will run it.  This forum is already longer than most
want and should not always be the place that all problems get brought to -
especially personal ones.

We were not pleased with comments Judith has been making advocating that
folks just starting out in breeding should take her on as a mentor.  In
particular since every other breeder in every other fancy that we are
aware of advocates cleanliness of animals about to be breed while Judith
advocates specifically avoiding washing critters about to mate we made a
comment that other breeders disagree with her on some topics.  Why Judith
had posted that article to that list (and a collection of others) is beyond
us.  Why she is boasting about it to all the world I'm not sure either.
Why she exports her answers for one forum to every forum is definitely
beyond us.

Her response to our post on that list is the post she also posted to that
same collection of lists (her post today where she once again ignores
Diane) and both newsgroups (though she said she wouldn't be posting to
news:alt.pets.ferrets anymore).  She posts everywhere and its impossible to
know which forums she actually reads.  Most spammers don't read where they
post.

A spammer is by definition someone posting advertising material in numerous
forums that they do not also actively participate in.  Judith describes
herself as not actively participating in some of these forums so it is not
a flame to use that terminology.  Its just easier to use one word spam or
spammer than the phrase "advertising in forums she doesn't read" or
similar.

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets