From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:38:14 EDT
Well not much to report today, Drag has been with Dr. Kolmstetter all
weekend.  She will recheck his bloodwork today to see where we stand.
His spirits are good and he seems to be feeling a litle better.  I hope
he can come home today.

To Anon: Please Email me, I think you may be talking about the SPCA in
my area.  They adopt out ferets with no ferret information or ferret
screening.  They tell me they do, but I have found out otherwise.  I know
that this process will only end up hurting the ferrets, as people will
treat them as cats.  I know their vet also she is a good dog/cat vet, but I
have worked with her and I know she knows nothing about ferrets, she will
admit that.  This makes me wonder if they are adopting out ferrets with
possible illnesses.  They did turn one ferret over to me because he had no
tattoos, they couldn't tell if he was neutered or descented, so they said
they will no invest the money into getting him fixed and only getting their
adoption fee back.  I told them welcome to the wonderful world of ferret
rescue!  BTW he was already fixed and descented.  But how simple is it to
look for makings of a whole ferret?  They do not want any help from me
otherwise, I have tried to offer help.  There is no money in ferret rescue
if it is done correctly, but i guess if you just vaccinate then and let
them go they can make a profit.  They happily and smugly told me Sat they
they adopted out 3 ferrets this week.  I can only hope for the best in
that situation.

Shelter update: currently 64 ferrets, 2 more comming in this week that I
know of, 8 in foster care.

Of the 5 that came in yesterday, 2 have adrenal, 2 were adopted from here
and owner moving couldn't take, They also had another ferret they got as a
kit, she is about 6 months old now.  He collar was so tight, when I removed
it she has a raw neck and open sores.

I have some ferrets that have been here a while and some that are older
ferrets, if anyone from the FML would be interested in having any of these
wonderful ferrets, the adoption fee is greatly reduced, or in some cases a
small donation.  We are getting overwhelmed with ferrets that are not so
perfect and its sad to see these ferrets not get a home.  Please consider
opening your heart and home to a ferret that is less forunate that your
ferret.

I will be having some auctions on e bay soon to help with Drags vet bills,
I'll post them as soon as they are up!
Take care,
Cj
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter