Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:12:22 -0700
Dear Bridge Greeters,

I'm not sure who's watch it is at the Rainbow Bridge right now, but
there is a holy terror on his way to the bridge. Please give him a warm
welcome and let him find his old roommate Violet and all the others
from Fuzzbutt Central. Odie came to the shelter last year with his cage
mate who was paralyzed for 6 months. Turned out she really had a broken
back and had to be euthanized. At the ripe age of 7 we scrounged up the
money and got him his surgery- partial pancreaotomy, adreanalectomy
and spleenectomy. (all spelled wrong I am sure). We figured that he
and his cage mate had been through the wringer and somebody owed them
something. Before his surgery all he would do is lay around. After
surgery he turned into the energizer bunny. If his markings weren't
so unusual we swore they gave us back the wrong ferret.

He really grew horns. He felt SO good. He joined a group of other ferts
and the romp was on! He only lived 6 months but what a lively 6 months
it has been. Last night, he ate his soup at 10:30 pm, then when checked
upon at 2 am he was gone. Still warm to the touch and snuggled with his
friends but gone. He was a beautiful blaze boy but wasn't deaf. He grew
all his hair back so he died with his full coat of hair in full dignity
as proud as any furchild could be. Debbie was his foster mom and she
really is missing him tonight. I was his Aunty foster mom and I miss
him too. I called him my Odermeier. He reminded me of my Tiderbug. We
will both miss his bright pink nose and mischievous ways. I love you
Odie.

Aunty MAry Jo