From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:52:05 EDT
I have an oldster in my presence.  She is 6 with adrenal and thin as
a rail.  She was diagnosed with a bladdder infection along with
dehydration.  She is a member of the Ferret Business of Georgia.  When
she first came to my home.  I thought I want to get her spunky enough
to have fun.  She hates the antibiotic.  I use to look at her and say
what a sweet little old lady.  All cuddly and stuff.  We'll, one day I
am sitting at the computer she comes up stairs and she had just wanted to
be picked up so I picked her up.  Gave her kisses and sat her back down.
She went around the other side.  I saw her standing there.  Next thing I
know... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That little old lady bit the dickens
out of me.  Right on the ankle bone.  I thought... What happened to that
little sweet lady?  I have never been nipped like that even by my big
boys.  Now, that she has gotten stronger.  I am a little leary about her
around the ankles.  I now type with my feet on the chair when she is out.
Even with that she is still my little old lady..... I love to watch the
older ones trot through the house.  It always gives me a smile.  They are
very special to me.  I have changed her name from Lu-Lu to VampLU.

Oldsters are always my favorites too.  So many cases they have medical
problems.  I figure give them the extra love and attention they are
warranted.  You never know when the day will come when they just stop
wanting to eat.  Sometimes, that day comes to a suprise.  But, you know
you have given them all the kisses and love before they leave.  That
makes them special in my book.  And if you think about it.  The reasons
they are at the shelter at this age instead of with a family.  That is
the sad part.

Take care all,
Benita