Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 22:58:35 -0700
I have a friend that has a female ferret in heat.  She wants to get her
spade but the vet isn't comfortable spaying her while she is in heat.
What can be done to bring her out of heat.  She has already been in heat
for 3 weeks.  Weight loss is apparent.  She has been moved to a home
where there are no whole ferrets and was kept there for 8 days with no
reduction in the size of her vulva or of her insane poofing.  They have
tried 6 hours of light and the rest in darkness to the best of their
ability.  Please help us with any info that you would share.  I have
heard of a "jill jab" but have no idea what that is.  Is it an injection
or perhaps something more "mechanical".  I know nothing about whole
ferrets.

Thanks in advance and kiss a fuzzy to be a happy person today,
Mary Jo and the magnificent seven and the fossaminx