From:
Shelley Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:37:34 EST
After almost 4 months since the Utah Rescue, I can't help but think Troy
Lynn's recent post on the fml was more than a quick update and must have
been in response to skepticism or possibly criticism of how the rescue
was carried out with regard to the possible ADV exposure.

I for one saw first hand how this rescue was carried out and I can't
imagine anything that could have been done differently to make it the
success it was.  In order to be as careful as possible, ALL Utah fuzzies
were tested for ADV.  This did eat away at some of the funds that would
have been used for other medical treament, but it was THAT important to
test to make sure ADV wasn't present and in turn prevent further spreading
of the disease through adoptions.

If you haven't ever participated in a big rescue like this one, why would
you cast stones at what was done?  If you have participated in a rescue
before, I'm sure people do things differently, but in this case all was
done that was physically possible to ensure the health and happiness of
every single fuzzy fellow that was involved.  All negative comments do is
ultimately hurt the ferrets or their caregivers or BOTH.  Its that simple.
No rocket science here.  As I've said before, why not put the energy used
to criticize into something good?  There is always a fuzzy head that can
be scratched or some kisses to be given.  Think about it, isn't that what
we should be doing with our time instead of trying to hurt each other?  I
agree with Troy Lynn that anyone who supports ADV testing should send $9
to SOS and designate that it is to go toward getting some additional
veterinary care for these great guys.  Now thats something worth while to
put your energy into.

Just something to think about.....

Shelley and the crew of three (Raz, Marcel, and Spike)