Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 19:40:51 EDT
1.For Zen who thinks that I am an elitist who feels that only I [or people
in some political party he has accused me of belonging to]should have
ferts---anyone reading that probably smiled.  I am the one working 6 days
a week to TRY and be able to keep these little guys.  That he is one of
the few that has minimal health problems in a large group of ferts that I
have heard of, seen, or read about is truly wonderful

A dishonest breeder here or there might be inclined to claim they have no
health problems in their ferts when in fact they do ..So i would want to
go on word of mouth from people on FML like Outlawdook as far as health
in ferts from breeders.But this would not negate the overall writings and
experiences of others such as Alicia who see many pet store ferrets.

2.For all of you who kindly shared your experiences and distress, and
financial concerns-I don't know how much longer I can afford this either.
I spent an extra $4,000.  plus these last months on adds and temporaries
before hiring someone.  Now I have been called to jury duty.  I have to pay
3 employees each day i am gone, though not a penny can be made unless I am
there.  Naturally-the rent,my health and auto insurance , disability ins.,
liability ins., answering service,etc.--are not going to stop the clock
while i am gone.  Wolf has started a bad cough, and Tiger is losing more
fur.

There simply is nothing I can do.  I am now on my own emergency expense
money.And i still have a fert Visa bill coming.  To say these guys are as
healthy as a cat seems beyond my laughter now.

In a dream world-these guys would only be sold by licensed breeders to
individuals.  But they would be expensive-say $1400.Maybe $800. would be
refunded with proof of neutering in timely manner.  $200. would be applied
to research and shelters.

People would see breeding facilities.Puppy Mills for ferts would not sell
companion animals.  Pet stores would stop trying to sell ferts they could
not sell.!  Breeders with animals that ended up frequently with adrenal
problems in ferts neutered between 5 and 6 months would not be around for
long.Breeders with healthy ferts would be very successful.  They would sell
fewer ferts-but make more money per fert.

When price of fert is increased, and people have to go out of their way for
fert to find one--at least CHANCES of a good home increase.  There is no
impulse spending.  And part of money-- would go towards qualified shelters
for rejected ferts.

Slavery in this country is over.Not too long ago, women got the vote.  We
are recycling now.  More people are becoming vegetarians.  People are
becoming aware that we are wearing dog and cat and ferret fur on our
hoods.People ARE neutering their cats and dogs much more now than even 5
years ago.Shows on puppy mills expose us to life for puppy and baby fert
and mother ferts.

Dreams can become reality.If it means I cannot afford fert from breeder-
then so be it.It is the fert that matters.Isn't It??  And I Can't afford
them now at this rate anyway, just like all of you who were kind enough to
write me.At least this way there would be many more ferts that are healthy,
and there would be money for research and shelters that can place mostly
healthy ferts in good homes.

A good place to start is by not buying from stores that sell living beings
and letting them know why you are not purchasing goods there.Then you tell
your friends...

Just my dream for the ferrets.
Lisette