From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:37:43 -0700
My boys have the flat ferret pose down to a science.  Weekend mornings (I
believe they have a calendar stashed somewhere with raisin juice marking
Saturdays and Sundays) as I sit down at the dining room table to have ONE
leisurely cup of coffee and read just ONE section of the newspaper, I will
see the white one flop down in front of the sliding glass door which is
his way of saying it's time to go play in the backyard.  Within 30 seconds,
Rusty will take his designated place beside him, usually adding a sigh for
sound effects or more likely it's a cue for Pogo to come and take his place
as the third Musketeer.  I really try to pay attention to what I'm reading
and remember that I have vowed that this morning I will finish that ONE cup
of coffee leisurely like a normal person.

It's hard to read with six beady little eyes staring at you out of
perfectly flat bodies all lined up in a row, silently accusing you of being
neglectful of their physical and mental health.  As I walk to the sliding
glass door, I have to step over these flat, depressed little fur bodies
because they're not finished with me yet.  I slide the screen door open and
then trip over them as they dance through my legs across the patio, coffee
sloshing out of my almost full cup.

I wonder if they keep score on the stashed calendar.

Posted anonomously to protect the innocent in CA