Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:47:56 EST
>They also feel that the pitt was hungry and thought he was going to be
>suckling his mama dog and with his sharp razor teeth along with his jaw
>locking as he had not been fed for days, and that is what happened.
>When I hear more I will let you know.

I never, ever post here - just lurk but I just HAD to comment on this.
It is a commonly believed urban legend that "pit bull's have locking
jaws" but it is not true.

"The following quote was sent to me from Dr. Howard Evans, Professor
Emeritus, College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University, Ithaca
New York. We were colleagues in the veterinary college for four years.
He is the author of the textbook, ANATOMY OF THE DOG, (the world's
definitive work on the anatomy of the dog). His statement was in a
letter addressed to me on March 26. 2002. His quote was:
"I have spoken with [Dr.] Sandy deLahunta (the foremost dog neurologist
in the country) and [DR.] Katherine Houpt (a leading dog behaviorist)
about a jaw locking mechanism in pit bulls or any other dog and they
both say, as do I, that there is NO SUCH THING AS "JAW LOCKING" IN ANY
BREED.

We all agree that the power of the bite is proportional to the size of
the jaws and the jaw muscles. There is no anatomical structure that
could be a locking mechanism in any dog." "

Pit Bull Rescue Central
http://www.pbrc.net/mediacenter/mediaqa.html#LockJaws

I don't think either animal is at fault here. Even if they did it the
situation here for both the animal and the babies sounds like a
neglectful one.

Nikki