From:
Tim Staggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 18:00:57 -0500
Hi everybody!  My name is Bailey, and I'm just 'bout the cutest little
cinnamon (I'm pretty sure, but genetics are so weird!) fert you ever seen.
I'm eight weeks old, and a couple of weeks ago I was sent out from Marshall
Farms.  Last night, I met this guy (we'll call him Daddy, although I'm not
so sure he looks much like I remember my Daddy dookin' -- I mean lookin') at
this pet store I was in, and he 'dopted me 'cause he lost his other two
ferts a little while back.  Anyway, he missed havin' one of us around (as
I'm sure you can imagine), so he joined the ferret mailing list a few weeks
ago so he could hear about ferrets.  How convenient for me, as I understand
that I may be able to make military contacts here and become and honest to
goodness private in the FLO!!!  I'm so happy!  But, we'll get to that later,
as I still haven't quite figured out any military endeavors more
sophisticated than climbing halfway up the couch before falling on my head.

So anyway, here's why I'm writing.  I heard this Daddy fella talk to someone
he calls Momma (again, I think they're cuckoo).  He was saying that he
wasn't sure what to feed me.  It seems he always kept his other kids (uh-oh,
it's happening to me **must resist familial obligation to humans**) on
Science Diet kitten/cat food (age-dependent, of course).  That's what these
3 cats (who, I don't care what anyone tells me, are _not_ my siblings!) that
live with me eat.  They love it, and I think it's pretty tasty, myself.
Anyway, Daddy says he's noticed that most people on here who talk about cat
food talk about IAMS.  He knows that SD is the best cat food for cats, but
what about ferrets?  Of course, ya gotta throw in the Marshall Farms (as
Daddy can't find Totally Ferret in this area -- BUMMER --, but probably
can't afford it anyway).  But, he still is concerned about this obsession
with IAMS.  So, I thought I would ask, since he's too shy to even write to
the list, which cat food is better?  What about nutro-max, I'm wondering.
It's got neat little shapes, and I don't potty as much when I eat that (so I
hear).

Ooh! Gotta go. I noticed last night that the rats have a better cage than I
do. I've got to figure out how to get in there. I can take on both the moms
and all 20 babies if I have to!! If I could just figure out this climbing
thing, or at least land on my butt! Thanks to those who reply.

     or

Daddy's note:
To everyone who has lost a ferret at any time, know that while none of us
can help, we all understand.  Our prayers are with you, and our raisins
with your fuzzies in Fuzzy-Heaven.  Thank you all for providing smiles and
memories to replace my heartache.