From:
Michael & Shannon Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 20:03:24 -0800
I have a question regarding vaccinations.  Because of our location it has
been difficult in finding medical care for him and we haven't kept up with
any kind of schedule.  He is about 14 weeks old now and in very good health,
just a bundle of energy!  However, I still want to protect him form disease
and I have a couple of questions.

First, do we need to start a vaccination schedule again from the beginning?,
because he hasn't had any boosters since the first one given at the farm.

Second, is there a preference for vaccination against canine and feline
distemper?  I have read conflicting advise regarding this, even from vets.

Third, can he receive a 7 in 1 shot called, DHLPP?  I'm not sure what all
the letters are for but I know it is for canine distemper and parvo.  I'm
concerned as to if it will hurt him, or will it be ineffective.

Any information you can provide would be helpful.