From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 08:53:49 EDT
To the person who wondered about his kit's hind legs not waking up
along with the rest of him-- as a kit, my ferret Amelia was the same
way.  At times she seemed unaware that there was a back half to her
body, which occasioned many falls off the sofa and one very scary near
death plunge off the balcony (luckily she was wearing her harness and
leash, and my husband was holding the end of the leash).  Now she seems
more coordinated.  I wondered if this lack of attention to the hind legs
has to do with ferrets being diggers?

Toys-- we just discovered two great new toys, both of which need
supervision.  One is large size bubble-wrap-- Amelia likes popping the
bubbles just as much as the rest of us, and the large size are big enough
for her to bite or claw.  THe other is a keyring made of a tube of rabbit
fur (it's supposed to look like an animal tail-- kind of gross).  We drag
it around for Amelia to chase and pounce on.  She also likes being on one
side of a door and having the toy stick underneath from the other side.
Since it has metal parts that I think could come apart, this toy also
needs supervision.

BTW, last weekend Anne Charbonneau kindly hosted a gathering of ferrets
and their people to meet Pam Greene-- a lot of fun was had by all.
Amelia met other ferrets for the first time, and all in all it went
pretty well.  We were suprized to learn that Amelia is a very large
ferret-- she was almost as big as the boys there, and twice the size of
some of the girls.  She was also significantly plumper-- at age 8 months,
is this still baby fat?  She hasn't really shedded or lost weight this
spring.  Anyway, thanks again to Anne for having everyone over!

Regina and Amelia, the Canadian Monster Ferret