From:
Lynn Mac Farlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:06:56 -0400
I have been informed that someone on another list has been deflaming
Jackie of Dook Nook in Jacksonville.

First of all I would like to say that, I don't care who it is, but in
times of destruction like from these hurricanes that have destroyed much
of FL in these last weeks, all personal feelings should be set aside &
if you can't help someone who needs it, then at least keep your mouth
shut about that person.  It would be different if the party that was
being flamed was trying to con people out of money for her own personal
use, not taking care of the ferrets, living high on the hog with any
money she may get & just didn't give a damn about the ferrets in her
care.  Then it is fine to go public, if you have proof.

In this case I know Jackie, I know that she was in bad shape before the
storm due to her own health problems.  Jackie seldom has a penny extra
for herself, any money she gets & it is very little, goes to her
mortgage, insurance, car for transportation, vet bills & ferret food &
litter.  I know that she stays up late most nights trying to catch up on
the work the ferrets give her & she does it without complaining.  I know
that many a night she has stayed up trying to keep a fur kid hanging on
until the next day when she can get it to a vet.  Or staying up taking
care of one that is very sick, for days & nights at a time.  I know for
a fact that the person spreading these rumors about her, had her ferret
saved by Jackie's dedication & care.  To spread lies about her, is a
really good way to pay her back.  How many times have you taken your
ferret(s) over to her to care for because it was inconvenient to you.
How many times have you & others dropped off ferrets that were sick
because you had a job to go to & couldn't take your own ferret to a vet,
but had Jackie do it.  And then let Jackie nurse the ferret back to
health when it was something you should have been doing.  Jackie who has
a old clunker of a car that the only way it keeps going is because Jackie
prays so hard for it.  Jackie who had to use her own money to pay for gas
on that car to take your ferret to the vet, like she had nothing better
to do that day.  Jackie who is sick & ought to be in bed more than on her
feet.  Jackie who took in over 30 of the Utah rescue kids & then found
out that it was possible that they had been exposed to ADV on the way to
her shelter, so then had to segregate her own ferrets from the Utah kids.
Who had to take extra precautions when she went from taking care of the
Utah kids to her shelter kids.  Who stayed up all night sometimes in
taking care of the very sick ones, just as she gave your ferret around
the clock care.  Where in the heck were you, why couldn't you be
responsible for your own ferret?

Many a time I have written Jackie late at night just before I shut down
for the day & tell her she shouldn't take the time to reply that night
because I wouldn't be on line again until about mid-morning the next day.
When I would get online & download my mail, there would be a reply from
Jackie, sent during the wee hours of the morning often between midnight &
3 or 4 AM, saying she had just got done with everything & was finally
going to go to bed.  Or the nights when a ferret had her up all night.
She has no reason at all to lie to me about anything.  I know of her
extreme dedication to the ferrets in her care.  I also have photos she
took of the damage to her home after Frances went through.  I know how
much the damage will cost to get fixed, I know she doesn't have the money
to do it.

I know that Jackie knows a lot about ferrets & their health problems &
what to do for them, she has saved me many a vet bill with her advice.
In fact I just had one of my vets get advice from her on 2 of my ferrets.

I am not going to mention your name here but you know who you are & you
ought to be ashamed of yourself, you need to either apologize to her on
the list where you flamed her or face to face or go back under your rock
& stay there.

Jackie at Dook Nook in Jacksonville needs help to try to repair her
shelter & home, just as much as any other shelter damaged in these deadly
storms.  Even with all she is going through she has invited people who
were in Ivan's path, into her home with all of their ferrets & other
pets, to save their lives & give them a place to stay until they can go
back home.  I pray that they will have a home to go back to.  I also pray
for everyone in Ivan's path.  This is a time to keep personal issues to
yourself, (everyone) & if you know of a shelter or anyone else who needs
help trying to recover from these storms, offer it in some way or shut
up.  Like it is always said, even if you can send just $1.00, all the
$1.00's add up.  What goes around, comes around.  So please people if you
can send Jackie something I know she will appreciate it from the bottom
of her heart, taking care of her little fur charges is upper most in her
mind, she puts herself second & sometimes third.

Todd if you don't mind since you already posted how to help Jackie I am
going to repost your info:

>Date:    Tue, 14 Sep 2004 09:51:53 -0400
>From:    Todd Trulock <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Shelter in Florida needs your help
>
>A shelter in Jacksonville, Florida, The Dook Nook, has some hurricane
>damage and needs your help.  Costs have gone out that include purchasing
>hurricane supplies for the shelter, having a van on hand in case of
>evacuation, and tree removal from the house.  Damage that still needs to
>be fixed includes broken windows and also roof repair.  There is also
>unknown damage from wind and flooding to sheds that were used to store
>ferret supplies.  If you can help, I'm willing to collect donations via
>my paypal account and then I'll forward everything to the shelter.
>
>I've worked closely with the shelter for several years and I know the
>donations will be so much appreciated!  If you have questions please feel
>free to email me at [log in to unmask]  My paypal is the same id!

Lynn & Clan War Weasels Refuge