Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 20:46:51 EDT
                       "A Prayer For Animals"

Hear our prayer O Lord...for animals that are overworked,underfed, and
cruelly treated: for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their
wings against bars; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or
frightened or hungry ; for all that must be put to death...

And for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion and gentle
hands and kindly words.

                Albert Schwitzer

Is your cookie jar out and filling with change for an animal shelter?

Are you ordering your supplies through a shelter?

Are the kids giving part of their allowance to the shelter of their choice?
[This the best time-when we are kids- to learn that it is our responsibility
to put back into society at least a small part of what we take.]

Is your next companion going to come from a shelter?

Ask not what your shelter can do for you-
But what YOU can do for your shelter.
Sincerely,
 over 20 million animals
 ...that will be put to death this year.