From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 18:17:06 -0500
Well folks, here I am in Ca-Ca land waiting to find out the news of my
mother and dealing with two rather large unneutered males who are managing
to make everything stink like mink on steroids.  One is now mine, making my
total climb to 14 (13 was such an odd number) and the other belongs to a
lady in Texas, bless 'er heart.

These guys are about a year old, eat anything dropped near thier mouths,
and, having been "stored" next to a couple of ladies in full-blown heat for
several days (if not weeks), are...special.  (Was I that way _before_ my
honeymoon?) Needless to say, I have been using lots of open windows and
deodorant.  Outside of their odoriferous ways, they are the sweetest guys
you would ever meet.  Both will sleep on my lap, have been trained not to
bite, love the water (both dived into a 34 degree stream mucho times), take
chicken from my clenched teeth, and generally do a lot of swaggering.  I
can't name the one for the person in Texas (I've been calling him "Tex,"
"Goof," and "Monkey" for the last few days, but really wish I could condense
"You couldn't find the litter box if you painted it bright pink and glued it
to your nose" into one or two syllables.  As for mine, I've been debating
"Kalif," "Con," and "Bruser" (for a particularly nasty bruse accidently
given while breaking the two of them up during a very nasty fight).  I'm
leaning towards Bruser.

Now that they are far from the odors of the opposite sex, they are slowing
returning to as normal a pair of adolescent males suffering from
testosterone poisoning can be.  As for color, both are honey-brown colored
sables, discribed by the breeder as butterscotch.  As for what they really
are, I barely have the skills to recognize a sable from a panda, and got
really confused when Troy Lynn told me one of my adoptees was a champagne
blaze.  I prefer the osteodontokeratic culture; give me bones, horns and
teeth any day.

Couple of things.  First, it looks as if I will be stuck here for awhile;
until my mother gets better (she had a stroke) so give me some time and I'll
catch up on the visits.  Second, the data collection I was doing turned out
to be quite wonderful, which translates as time consuming, so I was running
behind somewhat anyway.  I will probably fly my two beasties out to Missouri
this weekend to get them out of harms way (although I doubt that they are)
and then return to Ca-Ca land immediately.  (No I can't say which airline --
involves a relative who is a commercial pilot and creative labeling).  Still,
things should be moving again (i.e., me in the car) within a week or so.

Until I leave my brother's house, I should have minimal time on the
internet, so can start responding to 172 messages piled up in my e-mail.
Let me warn you, they will take time!

Oh, BTW, I am not crazy; I just look that way. he he.

Bob and the smelly 2 missing the sweet 13.