From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:41:27 -0400
Condolences to those with lost, sick or angeled plastic bag wrestlers...

I am curious about something.  I take Taz, my non-ferret ferret out for a
walk/run/sniff/lick/snurf/snorkle/leap/crawl/jog almost every day.  He is
the only one of my ferrets that actually will go outside without a broad
yellow streak suddenly appearing down his back.  In fact, he actually seems
to enjoy the heck out of it.

On the other side of the block, there are several large wooden planters
with grass and various small unobnoxious plants growing in them.  The other
day, it rained.  The next day, I took Taz out for his daily romp and he
decided that he just HAD to get into one of these planters.  So I picked
him up and plopped him in.  He immediately did the Surfin' Safari bit
through the tall grasses and plants, but then suddenly stopped.  I left
him go a few seconds, then decided to see what had caught his interest.
He was watching a beetle.  It was watching him.  When he started moving
again, I just smiled and let him go.

The second time he stopped, he seemed to be shaking a bit.  Being the
worried caretaker, I immediately parted the grass to see what was wrong.
He was shaking because he was eating.  What was he eating?  Tiny little
mushrooms!  Apparently, someone in the apartment behind the planter had
ordered pizza and they had put mushrooms on it.  The mushrooms were removed
and deposited into the planter.

What I need to know (it's been several days with no reaction that I could
see) is if these mushrooms will hurt him.  I figure he must have gotten at
least two slices of mushroom down before I looked, and was finishing off a
third before I realized what was going on.  He has been eating normally,
normal poops, and we've gone out for the last two days for his evening
galavant.  Other than seeming to drink a bit more water than usual, I
haven't seen anything different.  How long would it take to see a bad
effect from what he ate?  Has anyone had any bad experiences with mushrooms
and ferrets?

Todd and the (hold the mushrooms, hold the peppers) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://giftsandcollectibles.sites.cc/
http://www.success.net/microlink/