From:
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 10:42:40 -0700
>From:    june batz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A post about ferrets
>is this the beginning of sexual behaviour

Sure sounds like it... Though that is also a dominance thing boys do to
boys.  Guess Oliver really wants the stuffed critter to know who's boss
there.

>From:    FerretMom <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Drugs and herbs

>The only items tested for ferrets are (to my knowledge) Imrab and Fervac.

I'll have to let a vet or someone more intimately familiar give the list of
drugs tested on ferrets.  Those are just the two vaccines approved, others
have been tested but not taken the next step for approval.

>It could mean the herbs are a threat to the income of the vet.

Thats not a nice thing to say about vets.  Since many will tell you to use
other (yes off label) products you buy over the counter - I'd bet that is
NOT a reason for vets to not prescribe herbs.

Herbs can be benificial.  The tea in discussion has way too many things
given that are not tested or proven beneficial.  Some proven harmful in
cases where I wouldn't give them to ferrets.  Again its not the use of
herbs that is the problem, its the giving of a 'magic elixer' that is
creditted with powers it doesn't have.  A big problem with traditional
medicines can be over usage - the same applies to non-traditional
medicines.

>From:    [log in to unmask]
>Subject: misc
>As for the ferret show "critique", be happy you have one to attend.  Not
>all of us live in areas where shows are possible.  I can appreciate
>constructive ideas to make the show better in the future, but posting an
>anonymous negative check list is counterproductive and insulting to those
>who make these events possible.  I would suggest volunteering your time to
>the committee or individuals instead.

Being involved in shows enough to know the politics, we disagree.  There is
no way either of us for example could have gone to that show and made any
negative comments.  They would have been ignored by the sanctinoing
organization.  You can judge that by the reactions to any of our posts from
Ann Ryan (ducklite).  Its because we happen to be involved with the AFA.
An anonymous posting prevents that kind of immediate political reaction.
Sure, we understand the contradiction to another of our posts today.  You
just have to be REAL careful if you post anonymously, which the person in
question was we think.

>From:    Gary Kaskel <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: CNN
>CNN will run a report on hammocks (end of summer story) that features my
>Ginger tonight (Wednesday) at 10:50 pm, tomorrow (Thursday) at 8:50 am
>and again at 1:50 pm.

It was a report in general on hammocks for animals, saw it this morning...
Very light hearted piece that was basically positive on ferrets even if
they joked about inelegant exiting from hammocks... <g>

>From:    Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Bob C: Meet Modern Ferret
>He is somewhat shy,

Somewhat?  He makes me look outgoing...  <g>

>Write Mary and Eric.  If there is something you dislike, let them
>personally know; don't spread rumor or hatred throught the internet.  Get
>to know them and you will like them.  They are good people.

Absolutely.  Among the very best people we know involved in ferrets.  We
wish we were up to their standards...

--B&D
--
bill and diane killian