From:
Dean Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:57:54 -0400
Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I've been lurking.  I have four wonderful
furkids, Shirley (2.5 years), Sophie (9 months), Joey (3.5 years) and Taz
(6 months).

Taz was our first male ferret after we lost Laverne.  (Yes, we had Laverne
and Shirley)  We got him at 7 weeks old.  He is huge!  Especially compared
to the girls (both under 2 pounds).  I know males are bigger but Taz is
twice the size of Joey.  He must be 3.5 to 4 pounds at 6 months.  He is
active and plays a lot.  He doesn't take treats like the others... just his
kibble and the occassional Cheweasal.  He seems to be having difficulty
moving around because of his size.  He is a bit more clumsy than he was.
When is being big too big?  Should I be worried or is this just a normal
thing?  Do we need Ferret Weight Watchers?  :o) He is a happy and healthy
ferret.  I'm just worried because we love him and want what is best for
him.  He is our first male, so we're not experienced with how big males
will get and compared to the rest of the clan..... he is a GIANT!!

Thanks for any information that you all can provide me.

Korri

Taz, Sophie, Shirley and Joey
Still missing Laverne