From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2012 12:13:06 +0300
A couple of days I described a problem with building the pen. I've
copied the pix to photobucket (thanks, MC).

They are the LAST two at this link:

http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/celebrateoften/

Here's my original request for help, but with photobucket:

I want to solve conflicting interests for the roof of the gojo-bet
style ferret pen: to shade the ferrets and to give sun to the plants.
Got ideas?

THE FIRST CHALLENGE:
My idea's below, but do you have a better one?

THE SECOND CHALLENGE:
My idea -- but how to achieve it?

To have a roof that I can pull up when it isn't too sunny, and lower
when it is. And, if possible, to be able to raise and lower parts of
it at different times of day, depending on sun direction. I'm thinking
that there would be only two or tree parts to raise separately, each
consisting of a few or several triangles.

The roof is pointed and round, consisting of a series of triangles
slanting down around the peak, which is the end of the center pole of
the structure. There are two photos at this link. One shows the pen's
skeleton from the side. The other looks up through the roof structure.

http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/celebrateoften/

THE THIRD CHALLENGE:
I plan to make the roof of cloth or plastic. The prototype will be of
a woven propelyne plastic that's light, inexpensive, colorful, AND
BEAUTIFUL, but disintegrates in a few months due to sun action. If
I could solve the disintegration problem, I'd always use the woven
plastic. Got ideas?