From:
Mahlyssa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:30:06 -0500
Well, there is a bit of sadness at our house today.

We have this little cute dog named PeaKing (King for short.)  One year
my dad was moose hunting and he was coming home and stopped on this hill.
Way down at the bottom of the hill he seen something moving.  Thinkin' it
was far to small to be a moose or a deer....and too small to be a wolf -
he thought it might be a fox (although the colours weren't right) So he
looks in the site of his gun, and sees this poor little dog.

Now, this is like 10 hours in the wilderness of Northern, Ontario -
during November!  So he thinks it's just awful about this dog.  He goes
down and tries to pick the dog up - but the dog was very vicious and then
he realized the poor thing was frozen in the river!!  He went and got
some luke warm coffee ( that was all they had) and poured in on the dogs
back legs and tail.... when the ice was finally mush he picked the dog
up with a blanket and realized that some of his tail was till on the
ground!!  (the end of his tail and literally fallen off).

He gets his friend to drive and he craddles the dog in his arms - trying
to feed it but the poor thing was too exhausted to eat.  So he brings it
home..  and specifically says YOU CAN NOT KEEP THIS DOG....So we call the
humane society - can't drop him off because they have a parvo - same with
the society for animals in distress...

Well, my dad had left again to go back out hunting (they came in for
food) and we have this dog plus another dog and 3 cats (this was pre-zoo
*LOL*)!  Oh well, they said to just keep the dog and they'll tell people
about him and if someone adopts him then they'll bring the person
over....So we keep the dog... bring it to the vet, the vet doesn't
recognize the animal and he's the only one in town... so he fixes up the
tail the best he could... we bring the dog home..  found out everytime
the door bell rings the dog has seizures, so we disconnect the door bell.
We fatten up the little guy - my dad comes out and pretends he's angry
the dog is still there.

He then sets out on a search to find out who the dog belonged to - and
then planned to beat the guy up.  He finds an old owner, who was in tears
when he found out about the dog.  The man was in his 80's and had to give
the dog away because he went into an assisted living retirement
apartment.  So then we find out..  the dogs owner was this guy my uncle
knew.  The guy had beaten the crap out of his wife so bad she was in the
hospital for a couple of weeks, and then drove the dog out and dropped
him off (3 days before we found him) just to make her mad because she
loved the dog.  The guy was obviously in jail.

Now we have him.  He was about 7 years old when we got him and he is
the happiest animal I've ever seen.  He's so happy sometimes it's just
sickning...*L* He dances around (which is hard for him to do since he
has hip displasia)  So we've spent a lot of money on him, having his hip
popped in a few times, when he had to have an operation because he had a
purtruding(SP?) anus and some time of infection in there we had that all
fixed up.  But now, he has some lumps on his neck :( and his belly is
huge, which we think has to do with a unrinary infection because he keeps
peeing himself (in his bed.) We have an appointment schedualed tomorrow
and I'm scared the vet will say the best thing for him is to put him to
sleep - the poor dog is in pain and it is just heart breaking to see, but
he is still always happy!

So, although he isn't a ferret - I was hoping some people could pray for
him...

Thanks,
Mahlyssa