From:
Star City Ferret Club & Rescue Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:37:31 GMT
Our ferret club just had a "gravy making" session.  We ordered our
chicken from a site that sells 100% ground chicken, this is the entire
dressed bird including the offal [heart, gizzards, liver] as well as the
head and bones.  We specified that we wanted a triple grind (easier on
the blender), minus the feet, beak (possible sources of salmonella) &
gizzards (due to stones in the gizzards).  It's $1.89 a pound for 1 or
2 pound packages or for 5 pound bulk packages it's $8.95.  It comes
shipped in a foam insulated, returnable box (recycling at it's best)
packed with dry ice.

Using this form of chicken considerably cut down on the prep work & mess
involved in making the chicken gravy and will extend the life of your
blenders!

This is a great opportunity for first time gravy makers to get started
without the possibility of going thru dozens of blenders & cleaning
chicken parts off of your ceilings.  Unless of course that's what you
enjoy doing!

Something else the site has is dehydrated chicken: ground
chicken/bones/organs finely ground and made into strips and dehydrated.
6 ounces per bag, vacuum sealed for $4.99.  And dehydrated chicken hearts
that would make perfect small treats for agility or the show ring or just
because!  Cats love these as well.  Packaged 6 ounces per bag for $5.99.
A little pricy but compared to the ferret treats on the market, well
worth the cost based just on the quality of the product.  NO FILLERS!  NO
CORN!  NO STARCHES!  NO SUGAR!

I have the info if anyone is interested, just email me at:

Debbie Saunders
Director, Star City Ferret Club & Rescue Network
http://starcityferrets.bravehost.com

No outfit is complete without ferret fur!