Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:15:41 -0400
I am not all that sharp on local municipal election laws, but I believe that
municipal judges are subject to either election or public confirmation from
time to time.

Most such elections are uncontested.  Remember this when she is next up for
election/confirmation and find and rally around her opponent or challenge
her.  Depending on local regs it might not by that hard to get on the ballot
or at least registered as an offical write-in candidate.

Even a token challenge can force her to spend many times what you might
spend.

Also complain about her to state assembly and senators.  They can't do
anything directly, but the will think twice about offering her an appointed
position if she has a lot of negative public image.

This is relevant to all ferret owners, since ferret hating judges and other
petty officals exist nation wide, and will go after ferrets even when legal.
It is important to remember this, because when ferrets are legal in
California you will still have to deal with ferret hating petty judges and
bureacrats, people who believe that they and only they know what is good for
you.