Date:
Wed, 7 May 2003 10:33:13 EDT
Now before the flames start rolling..  hear me out.  I don't not think in
terms this is necessarily a bad idea.  Let me get to the point.  I think
shelters and shelters only need to have some sort of a database (be it
word of mouth, list, etc.) that they should have available to them to
discuss things like this.  Do I think the average Joe should have
availability to this NO.  I do think that shelters need something like
this though.  I know of shelters that communicate back and forth with
information like this but I also know of abusers that will simply travel
out of state to adopt and animal because the shelters in their state have
"black listed" them.

I think this list is done wrong with good intentions and I in no way
think Kathy intended to offend anyone.  I can think that shelters have a
good idea based on experience that they would not again adopt to someone
that they have personally have had a bad experience with and I think It
does need to be shared between shelters but only between shelters.  Then
if a person finds out through a shelter that they have been "black
listed" so to speak they can work it out amounst the shelters they are
wanting to adopt from.  It should NOT be made public for anyone to post
against anyone nor to see.  This is wrong.  Shelters run into people all
the time from experience that they can state why they won't adopt to
this person but that can be discussed between shelters.  If they had a
resource to run to to know the names to be able to ask other shelters
about in depth then so be it.  But again, It is something that need to be
done and discussed between shelters and maybe even to post about criminal
complaints but not to ever Joe around.

This is my opinion and everyone has a right to rebuttle against it..  but
don't slam me for it..

Leanne B