From:
kaye pullen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 23:01:17 -0600
** High Priority **

To all ferret-lovers:

Sadness entered a few days ago when one of the female albinos passed over
the Rainbow Bridge.  It is unknown why she passed, but is presumed to be an
adverse reaction to the distemper vaccination.  She was given Galaxy-D; none
of the others have shown a reaction and all appear to be healthy and doing
fine.

Sadness, but also relief and hope emerged when the female sable (whom I have
dubbed 'baby girl') presumed to be pregnant actually had an ovarian tumor -
the size of a golf ball - removed.  She is such a tiny little thing, it was
difficult to see how a tumor of that size could have been inside her.  She
is resting comfortably.  Another growth was removed from the mesentery - as
I understand it, this is the tissue that hold all of the inner organs in
place.  We are unsure, but hopeful, that all of the cancer was found and
removed.  This gentle little lady is available for adoption, but needs to go
to a home that is prepared for the possible medical attention she may need
later.  She may recover with little to no additional needs, but we cannot
predict the future.  What I can say is that she loves to be loved and
cuddled and talked to.  She has never been very active (as of yet...), but
hopefully that will change as she recovers.  It is sad that she has never
danced or jumped or chuckled, only grunted and gritted her teeth in pain.
But now she has a chance to learn how a ferret should really live.  If
someone is willing to take her in and love her and tend to her possible
medical needs, I will give her up.  If not, I will gladly keep her, even
though the medical requirements may end up being very difficult.  As a
shelter, I may have to request help at some time in the future, but not yet.
If anyone is truly interested in 'baby girl', please email me.

This rescue effort has been filled with both joy and grief; but for the
ferrets rescued, it can only be filled with love and hope.  Thanks to all of
you who helped in your own special way, whether by supplies, adoption,
donations, transport or prayers.  You are all very much appreciated.

Kaye Pullen
Ferretville Shelter & Rescue