From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 13:30:27 -0700
First of all, I want to send a BIG thank you to everyone who e-mailed me
about Illura's condition-- sorry I couldn't get to you all personally but
you are all wonderful, supportive people.

Second, I'm concerned as to the way her condition is progressing.  She is
no longer showing any weakness in her hind legs, and has a lot more energy
than when I first wrote-- chased lola all around the apartment yesterday!
This would lead me to believe she is feeling better, if not for the fact
that she still isn't eating!  I'll get a spoonful of duck soup into her
here and there, but she fights it, and i think she's getting really sick
of ferretvite.  She's losing weight to the point that where she had a fat
little tummy a little over a week ago, her sides now cave in.  Because of
the holiday, my vet won't be in til tomorrow (she goes in first thing!),
and I can't bear to see her just wasting away like this.  If anyone has a
recipe for something *really* yummy, i'd love to hear it.  I don't want to
force feed her unless ABSOLUTELY necessary-- she doesn't need the extra
stress.  She's drinking lots of water, so that's thankfully not a concern
on top of everything else.  Again, thank you.

Rachel, Illura, and Lola too