From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:37:15 -0400
Dear Karen,

How wonderful that you have become a rescue!  I am wondering if the 20 in
your care include your personals or if those are the total.  I wasn't too
clear on that, especially since I have never been clear on whether your
personals were personals, fosters, etc.  when you have plead for help the
past year, needing money for basic surgeries

Now, I hope you have all your ducks in a row!  It is so hard to get your
501c(3) status and license.  It took us forever to get started.  And the
paperwork, oh my goodness!  The basic fees for starting up legally were
well over $800!

Do you have an adoption application?  Who is on your board of directors?
Good luck with ADV testing, as I assume you plan to test.  Also, be
careful, it is distemper season!

I hope your bedding sells, as I just don't have time as a shelter
director to sew for anything.  Oh well, I must go.  I have to go work my
full time teaching job and medicate ferrets before the sun gets up!