Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:15:47 EDT
I do not write well at all, and hope someone on the list writes something
that everyone understands about "The Great Gravy Adventure"

Of everything I have read on the FML over the years, the only thing that I
am deeply offended by was written yesterday.  In my opinion, we should
never allow writings like the great gravy adventure on this list: NEVER

It is not O.K. to steal.  It is not O.K. to kidnap another persons animal.
It is not O.K. to murder that living being, or attempt to murder that warm
blooded entity.  It is not O.K. that the terrified animal is alone and
probably injured and starving right now.

This animal has feelings and thoughts.  To show such a lack of compassion
for another living being and commit this act of cruelty is as I understand
it a felony.  If it is not-it should be.  To steal is against the law.
People who steal animals and kill them are scary people -real scary people.

The person writing The Great Gravy Adventure shows no remorse.  This is all
humorous.  There are no apologies or asking for forgiveness and no guilt or
sorrow.

This person wants us to laugh at what he has done.  He does not have a
conscience that tells him that what he has done is a sin and against the
law.

I have three children and a young adult that read this list.  I told people
at church with ferrets about this list.  If this list is now allowed to
brag and laugh about theft, and injuring animals

I will be sure to tell everyone I know and meet with ferrets never to read
this list.

I had a chicken and rooster as pets.  They knew their names, and ran to see
me.  They ate grain from my hands.  I held them, pet them, and talked to
them.  I loved them.

For all anyone knows, the farmers wife raised that chick from a baby like I
did.  She may have loved it.

What if it was a ferret stolen from YOU to feed a pet wolf in Montana, and
some guy was writing about what a hard time it was to catch the smelly
weasel to slit its throat after he had stolen it from your house after
doing an odd job for you?  That would not get on here would it??

Is it O.K. to steal, terrify, and attempt to murder any animal other than
a ferret and write about it in a joking calloused manner on this list?

Am I missing something here??  Is there something I am not understanding?

Lisette

[Moderator's note: OK, I'm at a loss too -- I don't know if Lisette is
joking or not.  I think obvious fiction or humor will stay -- if a post is
questionable (to me) I'll try to contact the author before posting.  BIG]