From:
suzanne davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:34:33 -0800
Can somebody please help with an idea for ferretproofing my heater?
I've had ferrets for years, but have always had central heat. Having
just moved into a very old home, I now have gas heat, the type of unit
that is built into the wall and is red hot. Right now the heater is
only used when they are put to bed at night, but it's almost too cold
for that. I am already cold most of the time, but will not leave it on
while they are out for fear of injury, nor will I run it during the
day, while I am not home for fear of fire. (We hoomins really have a
lot to fear, compared to most people, don't we?)

Anyway, I have considered a fireplace screen around it, but know that
anything like that makes a really cool ferret ladder to my kids. Any
ideas?? Please hurry. My four boys can't figure out why Mommy shakes
all the time now. Maybe she needs some duck soup!!

I got a great response to my letter asking for help w insulinoma, and
am happy to say Sammy is doing great! Thank you to each and every
person that responded to my last letter, as well as all that will
respond to this one. Ferret lovers really are the best!!

Dooks to all,
Suzanne