From:
Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 16:13:41 -0500
Koti's favorite activity was to play with little green rubber squeaky
froggies.  Every day when he got up from his nap he would go to the carpeted
tunnel outside his room, stand up on his back legs and look inside to see if
there was a frog to catch.  I always tried to make sure there was a frog for
him in his special place.  When he found a frog in the tunnel he would lower
himself down inside, keeping his back legs hooked up over the tunnel top
edge so all I could see was his 2 feet sticking out.  He would grab that
frog in his mouth, jump out of the tunnel, and run like crazy to put the
frog in his frog stash behind the waterbed.  He only had 9 frogs so I had to
frequently get them out from behind the bed and put them one by one back in
the tunnel for him to find.  Of all the other 10 fuzzies in the house, Koti
was the only one who like to play with frogs.  He would never chew on them
but just like catching and hiding them.  Oh how he loved this game!  That
was when he was feeling good.  During December when he was diagnosed with
kidney failure he did not have the same interest, although even at his
sickest and being confined to my bedroom he would still look for frogs when
I put them on the TV cart for him to catch and he would still hide them.
Koti had been suffering over a month with the diasease, had had subcu
fluids, special diets, ultrasound, herbs and consultations with several
vets, a cardiologist and a homeopathic vet.  None of this helped, the
disease was too advanced.  The last 2 days Koti had not been doing well and
had no interest in eating or drinking.  He was having great difficulty even
going to his potty rug (no litter boxes since he got sick).  I could not
bear to see him suffer any longer in this emaciated condition and waste away
day by day and made the decision to euthanize him.  At 1:50 p.m.  on Friday,
2/2 Dakota TBear Austin crossed the Rainbow Bridge to be with Demi Sioux
(the first to leave us back in 9/93) and play with all the other fuzzballs
residing in Heaven.  I adopted Koti from a shelter over 2 years ago when he
was just 6 months old.  He was a beautiful sable with more personality than
most ferrets.  He loved life and got along with all the other kids in the
house.  It definitely was way too soon for him to leave us.  Lets all hope
there are lots of green frogs in heaven for Koti.