From:
Kathleen Reardon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 03:30:50 -0700
Hi,

I've been on the FML for several months now.  The few times I've thought
about posting, I've talked myself out of it.  I was one of those kids who
never spoke up in school.  Some things don't change;)

My need for advice is forcing me to speak up.  I'm trying to integrate my
family of two older ferrets with two new(8 week old) ferrets.  Frodo, my
first ferret is 3.5 years and Gramps, my second ferret, is 5+ years.  When
I adopted Gramps, it took him and Frodo about two weeks to iron out their
differences.  Now they are inseparable.

When I let the babies out to play, Gramps gets stressed and leaves the
room.  Frodo will scruff one of them by the throat or the back of the neck
and won't let go.  I'm afraid he's trying to kill them.  Is this normal?
I keep them separated right now, but I hope they will be able to play
together some day.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thanks.