From:
Joanne Brigham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:38:25 -0400
Kiwi is slowly regaining movement in her hindquarters.  She's ready and
willing to move around more, and the more she moves, the stronger she'll
get.  She is currently in a small cage with the ramps removed.  I would
really like to get her back into the Martins townhouse with her brother,
Seamus, who is lonely.  They love to be out together, and Seamus plays very
gently with Kiwi.  My problem is the ramps.  Kiwi is very unsteady on her
feet, and probably will be for quite a while, so I need to 'enclose' the
ramps and edges somehow so she doesn't fall.  I thought of tubes for the
ramps, because she couldn't fall, and could pull herself up, but the
problem is Seamus -- he can't get his big 5 lb.  butt into a tube anymore!
I'm going to look into vinyl gutters, since they have walls on each side,
but are open on top to accomodate Seamus' bulk, but they will be very
slippery for Kiwi.

Plus, I need to create some kind of firm railing for the ramp openings and
balcony, since Kiwi stumbles and falls a lot (poor little thing -- she has
such great spirit).

Any ideas would greatly appreciated!  Kiwi is such a doll -- there is no
doubt in our minds that she knows how hard we have worked to save her.  She
just cuddles and coos and sighs when we hold her.  Sleeps with her head on
my shoulder while I watch TV.  Doesn't even mind her physical therapy!
Fuzzies are wonderful!!!!!

Joanne