From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1993 09:39:57 -0400
Thanks alot for all your responses to my questions. Again I apologize for
getting grumpy, but I'm sure others know how frustrating it is when you're
desperate for answers and no one responds.

Gushi and Nik just go into hyper-drive for the most part. Their skin isn't
red or anything like that and the other lethargy they might display is that
sulking position where they lay flat out on the floor. But as soon as you
approach them or even talk to them, they're bouncing off the walls again! I'm
glad to know that my critters aren't the only ones with this reaction.
I only bathe them about every other week - or when they come to sit on your lap
 and you find yourself not really wanting to associate with your pet! I wash
them in the kitchen sink - I have a hose that I hook up to the tap and start up
 before I become "Torture Mommy"!! I keep some Ferretone or other treat within
reach while we go through this so that I try to reinforce that I don't hate my
babies, it's for their own good (and my nose's!). I always talk them through it
 - not that it always helps. Afterward, I squeeze off the excess water, wrap
them in one towel for awhile, then a second to fluff them up a bit. After that
I leave a few towels on the couch, which they squirm through excessively before
 performing their "Spaz-Dance" for me!!

Thanks again for the advice!! Dance Gushi, dance!!