Date:
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:15:45 -0400
I wrote in a while back about Fizz becoming extremely sick all of a sudden.
For those of you who did not see it, I will recap.

I came home on a Tuesday night from work and my husband took both of them
out of their cage as usual.  He brought Fizz to me and put her in my lap.  I
cuddled with her and then set her down so she could go jump into her plastic
bag(her favorite toy).  To make this shorter, she could not move her back
legs and was a little lethargic.  I wound up taking her to the emergency
room where she stayed all night.  The next morning, I took her to her vet
where she stayed a week.  It was touch and go for a while but I finally got
to bring her home.  It has been about 2 months and she acts for all the
world like she was never sick.  She has been off her iron supplement for a
week now and so far everything is holding.  She goes back to the vet in
another week to have it tested again.  Thank you once again to all those
who helped with your support and advice.

I want to give you 2 cute stories.  We have a ferret trail(looks like a
dryer tube), and Bubbles and Fizz chase each other back & forth through it.
However, when Fizz(female-2lbs.) decides that she wants it all to herself,
she has figured out how to keep Bubbles(male-4lbs) at bay.  Bubbles will
crawl in the tube so he is facing Fizz and try to make her back out but she
becomes a little boxer!!  She comes at him with her front feet pummeling
his head.  He backs out pretty fast!!

2) My mom was stepping over our kitchen ferret barrier when she didn't pick
up one leg far enough and stumbled over it.  She scraped the top of her foot
pretty bad.  It was like Bubbles knew she was hurt!!  Every 10 minutes or
so, he would come up to her hurt foot, put his nose on it and look at my mom
as if to say "Are you sure your okay?" I love both my fuzzies dearly !!!!

Donna Allen